"Sit down and feed, and welcome to our table." -William Shakespeare

Friday, July 29, 2011

Quick Chocolate "Moose"

I'm vaguely aware that the rest of the country has been suffocating under an extreme heatwave. It's just a bit hard for me to sympathize when the days here dawn warm and clear... but before I have a chance to say, "Wow, it's hot," a wall of dark clouds rolls over the western mountain ridge, sprinkles us with a bit of water, and knocks the temperature down about 15 degrees.


It's basically an alpine paradise.

But I'm still suffering from altitude sickness and the curvy mountain roads continue to nauseate me. I pretty much feel pregnant all the time, but I'm sure I'm not. Waaah, waaah, I know. My dear husband promises I should be fully adjusted in another week. Here's hopin'.

In the meantime, here's another super-easy treat perfect for bribing or rewarding heat-weary children. Uh, not that I ever resort to that sort of thing. We ate ours on top of banana pancakes.

"Mom, how did you make the moose chocolate?"

"This is raw- shouldn't you cook moose?"

"Is this like moose hamburger or moose steak? Cuz it's good."

I'll let you take care of the difficult questions that go along with this recipe. I'm sure you can handle them.

Chocolate Mousse
1c raw coconut oil
1/2c maple sugar, maple syrup, honey, or agave
1/4c raw cacao powder

Blend in the blender till mixture thickens and blade sputters.

That's it.


Right out of the blender, this is like a mousse or a pudding. Refrigerate for a fudge-like treat.


I realize I haven't done Food For Thought Friday in several weeks- so be sure you read a good book like maybe this one:
The Wolves of Willoughby Chase (The Wolves Chronicles)while you eat this chocolate!


"If you don't get everything you want, think of the things you don't get that you don't want."
~Oscar Wilde

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I was so excited to find this through "Kind Conversations".. I've been recently tested for food allergies and pretty much have to change everything about my diet..Not just for me, but my children too... I am looking for some wonderful support and help and direction!.. I went to the store yesterday and come home feeling so discouraged.. It will be nice to get to know you through K.C. and your blog..God Bless!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to meet you, Tanya! Best wishes on your food journey... it can be tough but don't get discouraged!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the recipe! (linked from KindConv...)
    Even more, though, love the way you write. Would like to feature you on my site here if you're interested:
    http://www.myhomeschoolstyle.com/?p=25
    SARA

    ReplyDelete