"Sit down and feed, and welcome to our table." -William Shakespeare

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Exhaustion

17 hummingbirds

1 buck (as in deer)

3 mourning doves

16 unidentified backyard birds

19 unmentionable meals

93 boxes (am I really a minimalist? 57 unpacked)

29 rescue helicopters (fighting the wildfires, still)

8 items made-in-china bought (ouch, ya)

8 ibuprofen

65 Yeast Defense tablets (because of the unmentionable meals)

346 photos taken (uploaded- zero)


What a week it's been. Bear with me.


"Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward."
~Kurt Vonnegut

1 comment:

  1. glad you guys made it there safely! I like the Vonnegut quote--i prefer laughing too.
    Try not to be too hard on yourself during this adjustment time, this too shall pass!

    ReplyDelete