"Sit down and feed, and welcome to our table." -William Shakespeare

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hey, what's for lunch?

I was certain this would be a good month to 'practice' with making lunches... getting ready for summer camp!  But instead, I have actually spent most of the last couple weeks dealing with some news from our allergist.  My little darlin', John Paul, has had a very tough spring.  His allergies have been nuts. 

Apparently our area is one of the worst in the country for pollens, which exacerbates food sensitivities. 

I almost ran screaming from the room when I heard the words "rotation diet." 

So, much of my 'food energy' has been sapped learning about food families and puzzle-piecing menus together.  I've been more concerned with just making sure there's food to eat over worrying about presentation!

Nevertheless, tomorrow I will be putting up my review of the Go Green! Lunchbox:

http://www.gogreenlunchbox.com/

And on Saturday I will be putting up a review on our BEABA food trays and snack pod:

http://www.amazon.com/Beaba-Multiportion-Freezer-Tray-Orange/dp/B0027UQYZQ/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1335502026&sr=8-8

And don't forget to leave a comment to be entered in the drawing for some fun bento tools.

2 comments:

  1. sorry for the new food challenge. you are such a good momma. exploring our family's potential allergies terrifies me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've loved your bento posts. Bento style lunches are something I've been interested in for a while but have not found the time to try. Thanks for all of the info!

    ReplyDelete