"Sit down and feed, and welcome to our table." -William Shakespeare

Friday, August 12, 2011

Random Kitchen Notes

I had Ed drag out our juicer tonight for some languishing carrots... the juice was tasty (carrot-apple-lemon). But it gave the kids an energy surge and they had a hard time falling asleep. Woops.

Very sweet father-son juicing moment:


And today I made some seriously successful non-dairy yogurt. I go on yogurt kicks now and again, but non-dairy yogurt always makes me pull my hair out. I got some fresh tips recently, and batch number 1 thickened nicely. It was uber-sour, though, so the recipe needs tweaked. I ever-so-tentatively promise a tutorial next week. And have no fear- I do not have a yogurt maker. This batch
came from my crock-pot and I have made many batches in a Coleman cooler.

Happy weekend!


"When we pray to God we must be seeking nothing - nothing."
~Saint Francis of Assisi

No comments:

Post a Comment