"Sit down and feed, and welcome to our table." -William Shakespeare

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Be Still my Heart!

Santa Fe, New Mexico is getting an Azure Standard drop! That means that all my new friends, and ME of course, will now be able to order from www.azurestandard.com and magically a week later a refrigerated semi-truck will show up and hand us big boxes of organic goodness.


See those almost-empty jars? They need their Azure refill.
How I have missed my Azure Standard!

If you want to go organic on a budget, then bulk buying is the only way to go. Bulk food buying can be tricky, of course, especially if your space is limited. But once you get a system going, you won't ever want to go back.

The basic concept is to keep a "price book." Just a running list of the things you buy and their prices, at the grocery store, at the health food store, on Amazon, etc; then you compare those prices when you go to place an order at Azure Standard, so you know that buying 25 lbs. of organic long grain brown rice is smart. You might find that there are a few items your local grocery store or health food store has phenomenal prices on, but more often than not I am congratulating myself on how much money I am saving by buying X in that big 25 lb. bag.

If you live East of the Mississippi, one of your many curses will be that Azure won't deliver to you. But if yoou are West of ole Miss' then I highly encourage you to check and see if there is an Azure drop point near you. Because you know you need 25 pounds of juicing carrots for $18.00!!!

I know I do. My poor juicer is just sitting under the counter, gathering dust, sniffling over better days. Fear not, my beloved Omega. Azure will be here soon.


"Nature does require
Her time of preservation, which perforce
I her frail son amongst my brethren mortal
Must give my attendance to."
~William Shakespeare

1 comment:

  1. exciting! I still have yet to jump on this. I just need to get organized with it...good tips you gave on that thanks!

    ReplyDelete