"Sit down and feed, and welcome to our table." -William Shakespeare

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

In the Land of Perfect


In the land of Perfect,
I never run out of produce;
I never resort to screen time;
I always have a nutritious snack, with green in it somewhere, when someone whines, "I'm hungry!"

But of course, children don't whine in the land of Perfect.

In the land of Perfect,
I sleep until I'm not tired anymore;
I'm patient and sweet all day;
Everyone in my household eats ten servings of fruits and vegetables a day.

In the land of Perfect.

I don't live in the land of Perfect,
And neither do you.

I live in the Real World,
As I imagine you do, too,
Where groceries are %$*#! expensive ($1.25 for an avocado? Seriously?),
Where nerves wear thin,
Where children go on carboholic kicks,
Where mothers sometimes get... snappy.

It's ok.

Everyone looks better on paper, or perhaps I should say on screen.

While I wait for my herb order from Mountain Rose to arrive, I'm going to share with you some 'food hacks.' For everyone who feels as if they'll never get from here to there.

Come back tomorrow for a 'recipe' featuring Kool-Aid. Ya, Kool-Aid.


"Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without." ~Confucius, Analects

1 comment: