"Sit down and feed, and welcome to our table." -William Shakespeare

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Cold Turkey

I've had this cold for 39 days now. Yuck. All my herbs and remedies barely keep up with the collosal mucus production. No one else has this yuck hanging on, just me.

Anyway, I will confess I resorted to coffee somewhere in there. There was a time of some of us waking frequently at night, while everyone else was up as usual by seven. So, as it were, I told myself it was a survival mechanism.

But now, weeks later, I'm sure it's running me down more and more. And I have another reason; I may have another reason, a very small one, to be extra careful about it.

We'll see.

In any case, my head is not only quite congested, but also throbbing with caffeine-withdrawal for going on 48 hours. So forgive the poor writing and the extra-boring posts this week. I'm trying to rest. Snuggled up in my 3 dollar cashmere sweater (sure do miss good thrift stores!). Hoping that by the time I have to drive home from Kansas that I'll be able to stay awake for the nine-hour drive naturally.

We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. i've never liked coffee that much but when I am tired I wish I did or that I could eat/drink something that would give me immediate and long-lasting energy. I do like frozen coffee drinks but those probably have very little "coffee" or goodness to them. ;)

    I will pray for you and your "small" reason :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this mean what I think it means?! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete