"Sit down and feed, and welcome to our table." -William Shakespeare

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Advent

No one really cared for my steamed cabbage last night. I got too lazy to stir-fry it, which is palatable for everyone. Sometimes, I'll admit, I get a little delusional about food.
So no biggie, just asked them all to eat a little wedge and enjoyed the accompanying extremely funny faces.

Advent has finally begun for us, after 'missing' the first week in Kansas. I feel really guilty most years for not doing 'more.' But what we do, though repetitive and predictable, is enjoyable and meaningful for our family. Story books, our special nativity progressing towards the stable,
our Jesse Tree book
and impromptu Jesse Tree.

(Can't resist a plug for my favorite Advent book ever- The Jesse Tree: . This book is so fun and easy. We make the decorations after the story every night and hang them up and it's quite the children's favorite Advent ritual.)

Tomorrow my big goal is to get some baking done, including a suagarless apple-cinnamon-walnut coffee cake. Come back because I PROMISE I'm getting it done! And boy, is it yummy. It's our Christmas morning tradition and I'm making an extra one for next week, as my brothers will be visiting us.


"We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing. Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action." ~Frank Tibolt

No comments:

Post a Comment